[The Speaker] This is why 3D contents will conquer the Web
The #ReplyXchange18 is over: London, Munich and Milan have been on fire with 4 days of tech and innovation!🔥
The Xchange is our annual event where we present the state-of-the-art tech, while trying to imagine the future of Automation, Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning, Cloud Computing, Digital Experience, Intelligent Products & Services and Internet of Things… in other words, 4 days (in 3 different countries) all dedicated to innovation with more than 4,000+ participants and 140+ speeches by 250+ speakers!
And all following our knowledge sharing way of thinking, from Replyer to Replyer! ;)
But how does it feel to be a speaker at the Xchange and how can you become one? In the last days we listened to the experiences of different speakers from the 4 Xchanges:
- Shyam gave us a look to the future of shopping and automation
- Nico told us his precious tips about building a platform for connected cars
- Marco and Andrea introduce us to the astonishing power of Quantum Computing
- Julie explained how to create an engaging communication campaign
Now it’s time to hear some good tech pills from Laura, Valerio and Fabio from Protocube Reply, speakers at the Xchange in Milan!
Hello guys! To start, introduce yourself 🙌
We’re consultants at Protocube Reply, and we all share the same cultural background as Graphic and Industrial Designers.
In Protocube we develop interactive applications using 3D technologies, through various fields. These include Virtual Reality, product configurators, 3D printing, Computer Graphics imagery and animation
At the Xchange in Milan you had a speech about…
Our speech focused on how and why using 3D technologies on the web can be a successful strategy to provide more engaging contents. As we know, we spend very little time in reading posts and websites, when they have no interactive contents.
Using 3D technologies, we can think of new and engaging ways to navigate the internet and offer contents to the public.
Interaction is the key! And how did you think about this use of 3D technology first? 😉
Our attention in Protocube Reply has always been focused on 3D. In a world in which we enjoy contents mostly on digital platforms, 3D technologies offer the opportunity to give the users a contact with real objects and places in a cheap and democratic way. Anyone can have access to these contents through their devices. That’s why we researched about this topic starting from our first person experience in Reply, working on these matters on a daily basis.
How did you feel while preparing and delivering your speech at the Xchange?
It always feels good to have some teamwork done with your colleagues! 😊 Even if we all know very well the topics we deal with every day, while preparing such a speech you need to define what’s the key message you want to deliver. In these occasions, a lot of different points of view may come out, helping in getting a more consistent idea on topics you sometimes take for granted in a more limited way.
It’s not just about giving answers to the audience, it’s about learning something new, too!
In which way did Reply support your research?
Being within Reply gives us the opportunity to participate in a large number of events, both educational (as Labcamps, Bootcamps, Webinars, Hackatons…) and recreational. As Protocube, we have the opportunity to show our colleagues in other companies a still little known topic such as 3D and all the advantages that the use of this powerful tool can bring.
This opens new possibilities of collaboration between Reply companies to get best results for us and for our customers.
List 5 things we must know about 3D tech on web!
- From 2000 the online attention span has dropped from 12 seconds to less than 8, because of the huge proposal of contents and the short time we have to analyze them all.
- 3D Web means 3D contents included in a HTML page, that can be viewed in any browser through a Web 3D viewer.
- 3D Web is also a possible evolution of the Web in which the idea of page is abandoned and the user immerses himself in an interactive three-dimensional space.
- UI Design, Entertainment, Storytelling, Interaction, Social Networks: these are only some of the fields actually using 3D to improve the user experience.
- Users have not become distracted but selective about contents: 3D for web could help companies to answer this need, catching the user attention and changing their type of interaction from active to passive, giving the possibility to transform web content into a storytelling and supporting the new customization era.
How do you imagine the future of 3D?
3D is evolving at the speed of light, there is no doubt about this.
10 years ago we did not even imagine it was possible to realize some web applications that today we are used to see every day. What does the future have to offer? Certainly, a greater push towards realism, but also a further improvement in performance in terms of loading speed and fluidity.
We just have to wait and see! 😉
I’m a student: how can I know more about it?
To stay up to date you have to surf, surf, surf! Keep an eye on threejs, one of the most widespread libraries that is improving visibly. Try new things, experience new ways…just because it does not exist already, it does not mean you can’t do it with the current tools!
Be 3D innovators!
Last but not least: why a student should join Reply for you? 😜
Reply is a family, a place where you can always find an answer to your questions and, when there is no answer, someone is ready to help you find one.
If new technologies and innovation fascinate you, if being good is not enough for you, but you want to be the best, Reply is the place for you! (Also, if you love parties and music, you must not have doubts! 😉)