The Marketplace Conference is coming to Europe (Berlin) on November 28th 2018 — RSVP now!
*** Read the latest update on The Marketplace Conference. ***
Earlier this year we, Speedinvest x, premiered The Marketplace Conference with an inaugural San Francisco Edition, organized by Daniel Hoffer and with the strong support of amazing sponsors such as NASDAQ, Wells Fargo, First Republic Bank, DLA Piper and Sharetribe. Frankly speaking, the success of the conference took us by surprise: While it was initially planned for an audience of max. 170 people, the event sold out, we counted over 200 attendees and had filled rooms until the very last session. We were humbled and honored to welcome speakers such as Matt Cohler of Benchmark Capital, Roger Lee of Battery Ventures, James Currier of NFX, Melody McCloskey of Styleseat and Stephanie Palmeri of Uncork Capital.
Due to the encouraging feedback we received from attendees (NPS-score of 93) and contributors we decided to take the conference to Europe still this year and to organize a “Berlin Edition” on November 28th 2018 (coincidentally, that’s just one day prior to Techcrunch Disrupt Berlin 😉). For this occasion, we are very happy to team up with our friends from Market One Capital, Autotech Ventures and Point Nine Capital.
As a lesson learned from the inaugural conference in San Francisco, we decided to significantly increase the size of the venue while only slightly increasing the number of attendees (to maintain an intimate and relaxed atmosphere): Spreewerkstätten is very centrally located on the riverside of the Spree at the heart of Berlin, can comfortably accommodate 300+ attendees and has extra space for individual networking, chilling out, and working.
“But what the heck is this (fuzz) all about?” You are rightfully asking yourself right now. Here is the TL;DR:
- Who? 300 marketplace aficionados i.e. founders, investors, builders, strategists and scientists; over two thirds of the attendees of the inaugural San Francisco conference were founders!
- Where? Spreewerkstätten, Berlin, Germany
- When? One full day from breakfast to dinner on Wednesday, November 28th 2018
- What? The Marketplace Conference 2018 organized by Speedinvest x and Autotech Ventures, co-hosted by Market One Capital and Point Nine Capital featuring keynotes, fireside chats, panels, break-out sessions, 1:1’s, office hours and workshops on all things marketplaces and network effects
- Why? To help marketplace founders and enthusiasts learn from another and because the chicken-egg-problem is hard to solve! Transfer knowhow, exchange best practices, talk to likeminded people, and build long-lasting relationships with other, experienced marketplace entrepreneurs and investors.
“…and what’s in it for me?”
Here is a short teaser of the inaugural conference in San Francisco:
Luckily, we taped some of the sessions of the last event so you can find the recordings on Youtube and get a better idea what this is all about:
On top of that, Battery Ventures wrote a neat summary about our last conference. To get a better impression of the vibe, check out this write-up by our amazing event management partner Make It Mariko.
As usual, the conference program will feature several, parallel tracks that focus on different operational and strategical challenges around marketing, sales, hiring, expansion / internationalization, go-to-market, growth hacking, pricing, solving the chicken-egg-problem and more.
Convinced and ready to join the Berlin edition of The Marketplace Conference 2018? Get your tickets here!
We’re looking forward to welcoming you soon and discussing all things marketplaces with you!
Disclaimer: While we definitely do not intend to become an event agency, we aim to organize at least one “The Marketplace Conference”-event per year on each continent — one during the second half of the year in Berlin for Europe and another one during the first half of the year in San Francisco for North America. We consider ticket prices a contribution to the cost of the event. We have no intention to make any money on the conference itself but want to ensure a great experience for all participants.