Product, process, and people: Product Decoded interviews Chris Abad, VP of Product at UserTesting
Product Decoded Season 1 | Episode 2
Chris Abad, VP Product & Design at UserTesting, shares how he brings a design thinking approach to building products and solving problems, how he pushes product people to think like designers, how he combines quantitative and qualitative talent effectively on teams, and how he gets teams to adopt new processes.
In the second episode of Product Decoded podcast, Dan Olsen, product management consultant and author of The Lean Product Playbook, interviews Chris Abad, VP Product & Design at UserTesting. Chris has a passion for creating beautiful, innovative products that customers love. He has experience working with very small startups, as well as large enterprises such as Salesforce and Campaign Monitor.
Here are the highlights:
- Why product managers should be knowledgeable about UX design and why it is valuable (4:26)
- Advice for product managers looking to learn more about design (7:24)
- Best modern practices Chris recommends for product managers (10:47)
- How to combine qualitative and quantitative talent on teams (16:34)
- What keeps Chris up at night: people, product, and process (27:50)
- Tips for product managers trying to get teams to adopt a new process (30:49)
Please give feedback on the podcast. The link takes you to Survey Monkey and only takes one minute.
Spero Ventures is an early stage venture capital firm that is helping entrepreneurs build a future that belongs to everyone. Subscribe to our monthly Spero Ventures Insights newsletter here.
Product Leader Summit is a community of founders and VP Product leaders who gather together bi-annually to network and learn from one another. Subscribe to our quarterly Product Leader Summit newsletter here.