September Newsletter: Starta Ventures News, Events And Portfolio Companies Achievements
For the Starta team, this is pretty unbelievable, but here we go — we are opening applications for the seventh time. We are looking for applications from all over the world. Diversity is one of our strong points: batch 6 includes companies from Estonia, Belarus, Ukraine, Georgia, Slovakia, Moldova, and Russia. If you know anyone, who can benefit from the Starta Accelerator program, please share and pass it along! The deadline for applications is November 15.
Starta Ventures and BrightSky Ventures are partnering to help US and European startups enter the emerging Latin American market, the region with over $1 billion of VC tech investment in 2017. Seize the opportunity by joining the LATAM Expansion Track Program. We are targeting mature companies (Round A or later) or profitable companies from USA, Europe and Asia. If you know anyone who can grow their business by entering the emerging market of South and Central Americas, please pass this information to them.
Portfolio Companies Achievements
- Wallkit, the most progressive paid-content system is taking part in Skift Restaurant Forum and Skift Global Forum, Sept. 24th & Sept 27th–28th.
- effa team shot a video about their disposable toothbrush at Yahoo News that made the first page of Reuters UK. effa was also selected as top 5 NYC startups to pitch at Booking.com HQ office at Hotel Pitch Night on Sept. 25th.
- Batch #2 Belarusian startup FriendlyData (Batch 2), founded in 2016, received investment of more than $1 million for a new product — FETCH, an analytical platform for accessing internal data.
- Batch #5 Webjets was listed in Constellation shortlist for digital canvas applications
- Every Thursday. Pitch contest at Sputnik Space (220 East 23rd Street, Suite 500, New York) free access, opportunity to pitch with a Pitch Pass ticket
- Sept. 26th. Presentation by the founding Partner of Starta Ventures, Katya Dorozhkina at Annual Blockchain & Crypto Investors Conference
Use promo code: CITY15 for a 15% discount.
- Sept. 28th-30th. Starta presents at IT Arena Lviv in Ukraine.
- Oct. 1st-2nd. Sergey Vasiliev takes part in IoT World Summit in Kazan, Russia.
- Oct. 1st-2nd. Starta Ventures in Kiev, Ukraine: Investor & Startups Meetup in Kiev
- Oct. 1st-2nd. Starta Ventures in Minsk, Belarus: Investor & Startups Meetup in Minsk
- Oct. 1st-2nd. Starta Ventures in Tallinn, Estonia: Investor & Startups Meetup in Tallinn
- Oct. 6th. Sergey Vasiliev will be a judge at SPB STARTUP DAY 2018
- Oct.11th. Presentation of the Latam Expansion Track by Diego Berrio at the Investor Breakfast Series. Emerging Markets: Latin America
Alexey Girin, Managing Partner of Starta Ventures and Starta Accelerator presented at Volga Angels Summit in September. Starta Ventures was awarded as The Early Stage Investment Fund, 2018.
New Blog Posts
I am Ekaterina Igoshina, the founder of DealDep.com, a service which helps owners of businesses (shareholders) manage…medium.com
Many entrepreneurs dream about expanding their startups into the United States. However, just like any ambitious goal…medium.com