This week’s major highlight was the launch of Albidum; the initial version release of our testnet. It was the culmination of a lot of late nights and a lot of hard work. Much more work remains to be done, and lots of improvements will be coming to Albidum and future launches. But it marks a major milestone for what will be increasingly a journey undertaken together with a growing Taraxa community.
Taraxacum albidum is a species of dandelion that grows in eastern Eurasia. A member of the Asteraceae, it is a perennial herbaceous plant native to the southern part of Japan.
- Added server side logging
- Added full block and transaction parameter api for saving data flow
- Fixed chart api bugs due to version changing
- Added node package to manage running local node and synchronize data with node
- Identified some RPC method bugs and began fixing
- Added search result highlighting
- Updated block page to show more detailed info, including all transactions
- Optimizations for a more stylish display of the DAG graph
- Added graph legend
- Adjusted node labels to only show last two when block level grows large
- Pruned early period blocks from graph as it grows
- Worked to optimize ordering of nonce when broadcasting transactions and proposing blocks, and to catch nonce gaps
- Refactored transaction insertion APIs to remove redundant RLP copy operations for performance improvement
- Created transaction RLP cache map for memory optimization
- Debugged test failures for some outstanding flakey integration tests
- Fixed a bug dealing with DAG block height calculations
- Continued to work on proper transaction nonce gap handling
PBFT Consensus and Execution Schedule Layer
- Removed PBFT unverified block queue from PBFT chain class
- Added unverified blocks table and parents blocks hash map
- Pruned unverified blocks by parent hash for performance optimization
- Modified unverified PBFT blocks pushing behavior
- Added mutex locking for unverified blocks table
- Changed economics model for sortition thresholding and player selection
- Solved other outstanding PBFT issues for player syncing and bootstrapping identified in Albidum testing.
“Albidum” Testnet Release
- Deployed public documentation for joining the testnet
- Published “one-click” easy install scripts and other node running scripts for joining Albidum in the taraxa-ops github repo
- Launched Albidum testnet with a small set of initial nodes!