New on Ultra
The fifth edition of Ultra Notes includes several updates and news relating to Ultra, such as the latest version of the Ultra client, results of the Uniq hackathon, and more!
Ultra Notes is a series of regular digests of company updates, improvements, and relevant bug fixes to the Ultra platform.
Get to know what’s going on with Ultra since our latest update!
Ultra NFT PFP hackathon ended!
Our very first Uniq hackathon, which started on October 3rd, ended on Monday. Forty-one artists submitted their creations.
The judging period commenced from the 9th to the 16th of November, and we’ll announce the winners on the 21st.
Here are the prizes that are up for grabs:
- Grand Prize: The winning project will receive US $10K equivalent in UOS tokens
- 1st Runner Up: Will receive US $5k equivalent in UOS tokens
- 2nd Runner Up: Will receive US $3k equivalent in UOS tokens
- 3rd Runner Up: Will receive US $2k equivalent in UOS tokens
- 10 Honorable Mentions: Each will receive US $1k equivalent in UOS tokens
Check the complete gallery where you can vote for your favorites!
Kardomance on Ultra!
We announced our partnership with Kardomance, a fantasy free-to-play NFT card game that will be available to play on Ultra Games upon release. Players will be able to collect and use NFT cards with characters and items to defeat their opponents.
It also offers an in-game economy that allows players to earn NFT cards while playing, even as a free-to-play experience. Players can also participate in tournaments and challenges to get special rewards. Check out their video trailer:
We also saw several independent projects and partners release their Uniq collection in October:
- Koakuma: Summon of the Highlord is an exclusive Uniq collection created by Koakuma, an upcoming play-and-earn MMO-ARPG that will be available to play on Ultra Games. Uniqs from this collection grant you different in-game perks and rewards. Learn more about the collection.
- Kardomance: Our new partner, Kardomance, released their first NFT collection on the Uniq Marketplace. Each Uniq is represented by chests that vary in utility, price, and availability. When opening the chests, players will find several NFT cards and other goodies. Make sure to get yours on the Uniq Marketplace!
- Ultra Retro Club: An independent collection of Uniqs created by two community members that offer a variety of rewards. The collection grants holders access to 7 different remastered retro games that the creators are currently developing. Learn more about Ultra Retro Club.
- Moon Eyed Mermaids: An independent project that chose to release a collection of 666 unique hand-drawn zombie mermaids on the Uniq Marketplace. The first drop took place on November 8th, and the second drop will take place on November 22nd. There are four rarity categories to choose from with different utility & perks, including a donation to support http://Seeturtles.org in collaboration with SaveHatchlings to help save sea turtle hatchlings. Learn more about the project.
New Ultra client version released!
This week, we released a new update, 2.0.0, including the Ultra client, updating it to version 22.214.171.124. Here are some of the updates and improvements that are included in this version:
- Chromium version: We upgraded our client to Chromium version 102.
- Redeem code: Redeem codes are now available on the Uniq Marketplace. Users will be able to redeem Uniqs directly into their inventory. Codes will be obtained through competitions, campaigns, and perks from owned Uniqs.
- Product pages: The updates includes another way to view Uniqs with a better overview of each collection. In future releases, we will implement a shareable link to the product pages, allowing everyone to access them freely.
- Game store enablers: We also updated the Ultra Games app, preparing it for Wave 3 and beyond. These updates increase our capacity to support even more games and content in the upcoming months.
Download the Ultra platform now, and you’ll automatically have the newest version installed: https://ultra.io/download
NFT network v.1 audit complete!
Recently, we successfully completed an audit of our NFT network v.1. It was carried out by Sentnl and the auditors mentioned that the quality of the code was very good. This is another crucial milestone for Ultra in building the best possible standard for the gaming industry.
Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on social media to stay updated on what Ultra’s working on each month.
Ultra is the first entertainment platform providing all key game industry services under a single roof, accessible through a single login.
Built around our PC games distribution store, Ultra Games, our platform will provide access to countless centralized and decentralized services: Discover, buy, play and sell your games and in-game items, watch live-streaming feeds, interact with your favorite influencers, participate in contests, compete in tournaments, and much more.
Ultra has been built to provide endless value for players, a fair playing ground for developers, and a whole new world of opportunities for the games industry.