Exporting Your Keys from Syscoin-QT 2.x or Blockmarket Desktop 1.x
For first-time use instructions, please see Using Blockmarket Desktop 3.0 for the First Time.
This procedure will help you export (or “dump”) your existing Syscoin 2 wallet via Blockmarket 1.2.3 or QT 2.1.6 into your public folder.
From Blockmarket 1.x
- Open the console by clicking the “person” icon in the upper right, and selecting “Console.”
2. Scroll down to the /dumpwallet command and click on the blue ‘Get’ button.
3. Click on the white “Try It Out” button.
4. In the “filename” section enter the following:
(for Mac users, replace the [USERNAME] portion with the home folder name you set for your Mac.)
5. Press ‘‘Execute’’. When successful, you will see “Null” in the response body.
From Syscoin-QT 2.1.6
- Open Syscoin-QT 2.1.6. Click on the “Help” menu, then select “Debug Window”.
2. Click on the “Console” tab and unlock your wallet by typing the following, and replacing ‘YOUR PASSWORD’ with your password:
walletpassphrase 'YOUR PASSWORD' 12
3. Then dump your wallet to a text file by typing:
You’re done! Now to check your work:
Navigate to C:\Users\Public.
You will see the “sys2dump.bmwalletdump”
Navigate to /Users/[USERNAME]/Public/.
You will see the ‘sys2dump.bmwalletdump’ file.
You can now close Blockmarket 1.2.3 or Syscoin-QT 2.1.6
The next step is to import the keys you have generated to the new Blockmarket Desktop 3.0. Follow our Importing your keys from Syscoin-QT 2.x or Blockmarket Desktop 1.x to Blockmarket Desktop 3.0 instructions to proceed.
Need help? Join the Syscoin Slack #help channel for troubleshooting support. If you aren’t on the Syscoin Slack yet, follow instructions at http://join.syscoin.org