Who holds DIA Tokens? Which are the main addresses holding tokens? Which lock-ups are in place? How is the reserve being treated? This transparency report will be frequently updated to provide all stakeholders with insight into the governance token holdings and flows.
Last updated: 02.Nov.2023
Breakdown of Circulating Supply
Circulating supply are tokens that are not locked in smart contracts. In practice, they could all enter circulation. A significant portion of the tokens is locked by agreements. We choose to include non-locked tokens i.e. from strategic investors as circulating. This may lead to an overstatement on actual circulating supply, but is a more practical approach.
Bonding Curve sale: 10.163.248
Private sale: 9.948.813
Strategic Sale: 14.100.000
Seed investors: 1.829.051
Ecosystem/DIA Labs Tokens: 49.476.492
Nov-2023 Circulating Supply = 110.617.604
Bonding Curve Sale
- 30M DIA tokens were up for offering
- 10.163.248 DIA tokens were sold
- 19.836.752 DIA tokens were burned
- The final batch price was $2,72
- Tokens were directly distributed
- 66.342.500 DIA tokens.
- Released yearly depending upon DAO vote outcome. Unlocked over an annual, linear schedule over 10 years (9,15 M p.a.) following the lock-up of the bonding curve. Used for operating expenses, ESOP, distribution over years for product, DIA labs, ecosystem and further DIA developments.
- DAO Vote Outcome 2022: We are happy to see a DAO introducted proposal has won the vote. Burn 48%. Airdrop wallet 2% for 2022 DAO voters, 25% unlock for DAO, product, ecosystem, team. Remaining 25% for 2023 either burned or used for bull market case, depending on further vote. Update airdrop DAO voters 03-Mar-2023: Non claimed tokens burned.
- DAO Vote Outcome 2021: Burn 25% of the reserve tranche; i.e. 2.2875 M DIA and use the remaining 6.8625 M DIA, for growth of cross-chain integrations, staking and marketing initiatives and product.
- DAO Vote Outcome 2020: DIA’s team proposal had passed, resulting in a burn of 4.575M DIA Tokens from the reserve. The remaining 4.575M DIA may be used for activity to create value for the DIA token holder community. The burn was executed at the end of December 2020.
- The locked-up DIA reserve tokens have no voting rights.
- Security Update 26.07.2021: the DIA Company Reserve has been moved to a Coinbase Custody wallet. On-Chain Audit trail:
- Capped at 10 M DIA Tokens. Sold out.
- These private sale DIA Tokens were locked-up until August 18, 2020; 4 am CEST (after the end of bonding curve)
- Proceeds generated: Used for salaries, marketing, operational expenses at the choice of the Association, Audited.
- 19,5M DIA tokens (9.8%), partially locked-up
- Biggest token investor (Outlier Ventures) statement on long-term holdings.
- Previous token and equity rounds: a) Initial round 2018: € 0,25M; b) Seed round Q4 2019; €0,5M from traditional financial and crypto-focused investors (EU funds and angels).
- DIA is also eligible and has received public grants and funding, and we are further developing R&D projects with universities and academic institutions for EU and Swiss public funding.
- The existing allocation of 3,5M DIA tokens for advisory has now been distributed.
- Price and Details: These contracts are covered by confidentiality agreements.
Locked-up partially via legal contracts from 4–36 months from the signature.
Security Update Feb 2023: Due to heightened security risks in the CEX and self-custody space, some large investor wallets will be fragmented into smaller various sized wallets in order to foster security diversification.
Ecosystem/Lab Pool Tokens
- 25M DIA tokens
- General, unlimited lock-up for association use*
- More details: https://medium.com/dia-insights/the-dia-ecosystem-token-pool-cabc41d77da7
- 2021 Airdrop distributed: https://medium.com/@diadata_org/dia-2020-airdrop-3f4753ca5cc6
- 2020 Yield distributed: https://medium.com/@diadata_org/dia-interest-allocation-7cc307d94a4e
- Ecosystem pool 2.0, 12.5M DIA, will be released in Q4 2021 to foster further ecosystem adoption in 2022 https://medium.com/dia-insights/community-update-august-2021-461452f6feef
*Ecosystem Token Pool is locked for association use. Usage in the context of Ecosystem Token Pool applications as outlined in the Ecosystem Token Pool description is enabled.