Mainflux is a National IoT Winner of the Central European Startup Awards
Mainflux Labs is a Serbian National Winner in the IoT category of Central European Startup Awards competition, which is a part of the Global Startup Awards, one of the largest independent startup ecosystem competitions.
Through a defined system, Global Startup Awards organization selects and awards best startups, most influential individuals and ecosystem players (investors, acceleration programs and hubs) from over 60 countries and 3 continents.
All actors within the startup ecosystem that have shown notable achievements are competing in 16 categories and each country provides a national winner for each category.
The winners from the national events are automatically shortlisted for the same category in the regional finale and compete against other nations in the same region for the Global Awards Grand Finale, held at the end of every second year.
Based on criteria such as growth, innovation and impact with a product embedded with electronics, software, sensors, and network connectivity enabling data collection and exchange Mainflux Labs is selected as the best IoT startup in Serbia.
Mainflux Labs achievements matching these criteria are as follows:
Impact and innovation
Memberships and ecosystems
- Invited and became a member of Linux Foundation EdgeX Foundry Project
- Award for the Innovation and Leadership from LF EdgeX Foundry Project community of 80 companies including Dell, Samsung, Toshiba, and Intel
- Invited and became a member of LF Edge, an umbrella organization whose mission is to improve edge computing technology. Other members of the LF Edge are AT & T, Dell, HP, Ericsson, Huawei, Intel, and IBM, among others.
- Invited by Intel to be a member of Open Retail Initiative with other top Technology companies
Mainflux is featured at the world’s biggest technology conferences (in total 15), including:
- Fosdem — Amsterdam — 2016
- Open Networking Summit — Santa Clara — 2017
- O’Reilly Software-Architecture — London — 2017
- ITNext Summit — Amsterdam — 2017
- Embedded Linux Conference — Portland — 2018
- IoT Solutions World Congress — Barcelona — 2018
- Redis Lab — San Francisco — 2019
- ONS — Shanghai — 2019
Mainflux Technology Adoption
- Six crucial Mainflux microservices repositories were downloaded more than 300,000 times
- Target — one of the biggest retailers in the USA. Non-contractual cooperation. Implementation of Mainflux IoT Cloud-Platform in Smart-Retail project. Deployed in 50 stores, with the plan for all 1800.
- Tunnelware — German Company use Mainflux IoT platform for monitoring building health — 40 buildings in Berlin — and currently is developing Mainflux based solution for monitoring and improving construction process and equipment.
Funded by Serbian Innovation Fund supported by European Union and World Bank technology innovation programs
- Oil & Gas Equipment Producer from the USA — Contract for implementation of Mainflux IoT Cloud-Platform for management of IoT gateways deployed in the field and gathering operational data from Oil&Gas equipment.
- Starting 3 projects within the railway, smart home and again Oil& Gas industry
Mainflux Labs will compete on the 21. November regional Grand Finale which will be held in Bucharest, from which the winners will then compete on Global Grand Finale Summit which is taking place in Changsha, China from 11–14th December.
Global Startup Awards and Central European Startup Awards
Global startup Awards is the largest independent startup ecosystem competition with the mission to find, recognize and connect the future shapers of the digital age from all around the world.
Central European Startup Awards is part of the Global Startup Awards, providing an annual spotlight to those who dare to dream big and shape the way our future will look.
Mainflux Labs is a technology company offering end-to-end, open-source patent-free IoT platform, and IoTedge gateway and consulting services for the software and hardware layers of the internet of things technology.