In order to import an existing wallet to a MetaMask account, follow these simple step-by-step instructions. You will need to install the MetaMask extension for your favorite browser, import a wallet using private key or JSON file and add PBL tokens to the list.
Step 1. Install the MetaMask extension
- Open https://metamask.io website or search for “Metamask extension” in your favorite browser (you can install Metamask for Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers).
2. Click Add to Chrome to install MetaMask as Google Chrome extension (same as for other browsers).
3. Click Add Extension.
That’s it! You have successfully installed the MetaMask extension. Now, it is time to add your existing cryptocurrency wallet.
Step 2. Import a wallet to MetaMask
There are two ways how to export an existing account. If you have a seed words (mnemonic phrase) you can export your wallet straight away:
- Click on the icon in the upper right corner to open MetaMask extension, read and accept the terms. Click Continue.
- Click Import With Seed Phrase.
- Enter your wallets seed phrase (mnemonic phrase).
- Enter a strong password.
- Click Import.
You have successfully imported your wallet to MetaMask!
Alternative option — import a wallet using a private key or JSON file
If you have an existing wallet address but you don’t have a mnemonic phrase, you can import your wallet address to MetaMask using a private key or JSON file.
- After creating an account, click on the“Account” button in the upper right corner (see screenshots below).
- Click Import account.
- Select preferred entry type. If you want to import an account using your wallet’s private key, simply paste your private key string and click Import.
That’s it! You have successfully imported your cryptocurrency wallet to your MetaMask account.
Step 3. Add PBL tokens to your MetaMask account
In order to see available PBL tokens on your account (wallet address), follow these steps:
- Click on the “Menu” icon.
- Click Add Token.
- Open the “Custom token” tab and enter the following address:
Token Contract Address: 0x55648de19836338549130b1af587f16bea46f66b
Token Symbol: PBL
Decimals of Precision: 18
4. Click Next.
You will now see your PBL token balance in your account.
All necessary information about PBL tokens is available here — https://etherscan.io/token/0x55648de19836338549130b1af587f16bea46f66b.
You can also add any other tokens to your MetaMask account, use Etherscan to find a contract address.
Voilà! You have successfully imported your wallet address and added PBL tokens. You are now ready for a final step — purchasing books on Publica platform.
Check this tutorial to learn how to buy books on Publica platform using PBL tokens.
If you already have existing wallet to store your tokens, follow this instructions on How to export existing wallet to MetaMask.
How to create a new wallet in MetaMask?
- When the extension is installed, click on the icon in the upper right corner to open the MetaMask, read the introductions and click Continue.
- Create a strong password and click Create.
4. Reveal secret words by clicking on the image. You will see a 12 words seed phrase. Copy your secret phrase and store it n a safe place. When ready click Next.
5. Confirm your Secret phrase by selecting words in the same order as in your secret phrase. Then click Confirm.
6. That’s it! You have successfully created an account in MetaMask with a wallet address!
Now you can view your address on Etherscan (Ethereum blockchain explorer), check the QR code, copy your wallet’s address to clipboard or export your wallet’s private key:
And also don’t forget to follow us on social media!
Official Telegram Announcement Channel: https://t.me/publicaio