The Set Protocol team is excited to be sponsoring ETH Singapore. We previously had a great experience at ETH San Francisco as sponsors and mentors for hackers building on Set and other DeFi protocols. We were especially impressed by the quality of submissions that incorporated the Set Developer Platform and awarded a total of $3,000 USD to 3 teams. Read our complete recap of ETHSF here.
We want to build off this momentum at ETH Singapore and foster the continued growth of the Set and greater DeFi ecosystem. To encourage everyone’s best work, we will now be sponsoring 2 prizes:
- Set API Prize: We will be awarding a total of $3,000 USD to the 3 best teams incorporating Set Protocol into their submissions.
- Set x Kyber Issuance Relayer: We are excited to partner with Kyber Network to award $1,000 USD to the best team to build an issuance relayer that will source liquidity for Sets from Kyber reserves. Users will be able to instantly issue Sets by tapping into Kyber liquidity. We see this fitting into the recent trend of projects being built on multiple DeFi protocols.
Additionally, we are always looking for novel products built on Set! Here are a few other suggestions to get you to start thinking:
- A rebalancing Sets auction platform that lists all current auctions and bid prices, and allows anyone to bid on the auction.
- An issuance relayer that aggregates liquidity from many sources such as 0x, Kyber, Uniswap, and Bancor. Bonus points if there is a one-click button for users to acquire Sets using issuance orders.
- An analytics app for Sets including metrics such as market cap, prices and volume for Sets in existence. This can include advanced analytics such as breakeven gas cost for bundling tokens and transferring vs transferring tokens individually.
- An arbitrage bot programmed to issue and redeem Sets based on market fluctuations. Much like a robo-advisor does in traditional finance, a rebalancing Set can profit using issuance orders directed by algorithmic trading signals.
- An arbitrage bot programmed to bid on Rebalancing Sets based on the dutch auction prices. The bot captures the spread and backstops rebalancing auctions by providing guaranteed liquidity.
- A Set-issuing dApp that directly interfaces with Ether, not Wrapped Ether (WETH). The introduction of forwarding contracts with 0x v2 makes one-click Set issuance a very real possibility, and speaks to the value of cross-project integration in decentralized finance.
- Create a novel rebalancing Set auction curve library which maximizes price discovery and minimizes slippage / low participation. This can be specific to a particular use case, such as a price curve that can keep the target price of a stablecoin Set at $1 after a rebalance.
As always, we’re here to help
If you are interested in building something using Set, come stop by our workshop on Friday at 10:00 PM, our tech talk on Saturday at 2:30 PM, or our booth anytime this weekend. We can help you get started in a few minutes.