New applications will be considered to start hosting in in mid/late August 2018.
- We accept applications on a rolling basis.
- We review the applications and invite new hosts to join the community every 1–2 months.
- We’ll send you a response to your application when our review process begins.
Here’s all the questions for you to review before jumping into it.
We are biased towards people who do homework
When reviewing applications, we’re looking for people that we think are genuinely interested in becoming a great host.
Below, you’ll find a few straightforward and a few not-so-straightforward resources to help you make your application a good one.
You don’t technically need to look at these to complete an application, but it’s also likely that we’ll be able to tell that you didn’t and it might not be the best fit.
Welcoming you as a new host, to us, isn’t just inviting you to post tea times on our website.
When we invite you to become a host, we’re inviting you to take a proactive role in creating this nuanced vision of the world we have by creating a space that is welcoming, vulnerable, accepting, curious and full of listening.
This vision is important to us, and if you’re interested in learning more, check out Being a Host — a place where we share food for thought, practical resources for Hosts, and anything else that we want to archive for all Hosts, present, past and future.
There’s a lot there, but these links should give you what’s most helpful to you:
- Expectations for all new hosts
- Hosts should know how to host
- Who comes to tea time?
- How we grow Tea With Strangers
- The Tea With Strangers Story
- People talking about Tea With Strangers on the Internet
Can’t wait to see your application!
Also, if you haven’t been to tea time or are confused about how this all works:
Can’t wait to hear from you!