Flybe: Flight Delay Compensation| Guidelines on How to Claim a Refund
Are you the one who got your flight cancelled and now all your plans are ruined? Here’s a detailed guide on how to claim a flybe cancelled flight compensation.
Table of Contents
- Flybe Delay Compensation: Issues You Might Face
- EC Regulation 261/2004 Explanation: Know Your Rights
- The Amount of Compensation and Steps to Take When Your Flight is Cancelled/Delayed
- What you should do? Step-by-step guide
- Flybe: Useful Information to Know
- Make Sure It Is not Your Fault
Flybe Delay Compensation: Issues You Might Face
Flybe is a low-cost airline company that provides transportation cross Britain and to other European countries. Due to low prices that the company offers to its clients sometimes, there might be flight delays/cancellations. It means that passengers can be denied in boarding on the plane because of overbooked flight to their destination point. Also, your flight might be cancelled as there might be some issues on Flybe airlines side. If you face these kinds of problems you have a right to claim compensation according to EC Regulation 261/2004 EU.
All passengers should know their rights and how they should act in a situation like this one. Airlines have to compensate you the time and money you have wasted, and your ruined plans. But sometimes there are issues that cannot be resolved by anyone nor by passengers, neither by airlines. Usually, it is when a delay or cancellation happens due to weather circumstances.
EC Regulation 261/2004 Explanation: Know Your Rights
The level of boarding denial, flight delays or cancellations is rather high. Every day thousands of people face these problems and are obligated to change their route, arrive later than scheduled, etc. In order to protect passengers, the EU government has come up with EC Regulation 261/2004 EU. The regulation includes the list of common rules that should be followed when a passenger is denied in boarding, has a flight cancelled or delayed for long hours. People who have regular business trips or like to travel a lot for pleasure should be aware of this regulation and know what to expect from the airlines.
According to the EU regulation, the airlines that delay/cancel or have overbooked board are obliged to provide assistance to their clients and compensate for expenses and time. The airlines, including Flybe, have to take care of the passengers who were not able to leave the airport on time.
In case of the overbooked plane, the airline should find volunteers who can exchange their seats in favour of the ones who have a short flight connection in the next point of their trip. If the number of volunteers is low, Flybe has to provide other options for the passengers. They include:
- rearrangement of the flight route: the airlines can offer you other options to reach your final destination and they have to pay all the expenses connected with this issue
- make a full refund of the expenses
The EC Regulation 261/2004 EU can be found online and everyone can check out the information before the flight or once they have faced some problems with the airlines.
The Amount of Compensation and Steps to Take When Your Flight is Cancelled/Delayed
Flybe is a low-cost airline so sometimes passengers can be denied in boarding against their will. In can you find yourself in a situation like this, you have a right to charge compensation from the airlines.
The EU Regulation states that passengers can get a certain amount of compensation according to their flight distance and time of flight delay. In reference to the document delayed or cancelled flight compensation is as follows:
- passengers can get EUR 250 compensation for flights that are 1500 km or less
- if the flight is between 1500 and 3500 km or it is an intra-Community flight more than 1500 km, then a passenger has a right to claim EUR 400
- if your flight doesn’t fit the description of the 1st and 2nd one, then you can apply for EUR 600 compensation
It is important to remember that you should take your final destination at which the denial of boarding or cancellation will cause a late arrival to determine the distance and claim a refund.
In case of delays, passengers are expected to get a certain care in accordance with their flight distance and time of delay. The passengers are entitled to get:
- free meals and refreshments in a relation to the waiting time
- free hotel accommodation if it is necessary to stay one or more nights
- free transportation between the airport and the accommodation provided
A passenger can expect this assistance in case:
- the flight that is 1500 km or less is expected to be delayed for two or more hours
- the intra-Community flights that are between 1500 and 3500 km, and other flights between 1500 and 3500 km are delayed for three hours or more
- the delay is four hours or more and the flight doesn’t fall under the description of two first cases
What you should do? Step-by-step guide
If you find yourself in a situation when your flight is delayed or cancelled or you were not allowed to board the plane, you are entitled to claim the refund. In order to get a compensation, you have to follow the guidelines:
- have all your documents
- tickets, boarding passes, delay statement, booking confirmation, etc.
- receipts for all extra expenses, including food, accommodation, taxi, etc.
- know your flight data: number of the flight, hours of flight, delay time
Know the reason for the delay:
- Contact Flybe clients assistance
- Check the weather
- See whether other flights were cancelled
Once you have all the data, you can make a claim on the website or find Flybe representatives at the airport, ask them for detailed guidelines or instructions. It is important to know all the data in order to claim compensation for caused inconveniences.
Now when you know all the necessary information you can prove that you have a right to compensation and get a refund according to your circumstances. Every passenger should know this information beforehand so the situations like these won’t take you by surprise and you can act quickly and make sure that you are provided with the best assistance option for you.
Flybe: Useful Information to Know
Flybe was founded in 1979 in Exeter, the United Kingdom. Nowadays the company is known to be the largest independent airline company that serves up to 8 million passengers per year. The airline runs between 81 airports in the UK and 15 other countries. Flybe positions itself as low-fare but full-service airline.
Flybe flight delays might happen but the company is trying to keep the figures down, and in 2016 the company was among the most punctual ones in Europe. Flight delays/cancellations or boarding denials happen on a regular basis nowadays, but British airline Flybe is doing its best to reduce the number to the minimum and keep their customers satisfied with the services.
Flybe cancellation of the flight might happen in case of the extraordinary situation. If they are fully in charge of the cancellation, they will do everything to keep the passengers satisfied and provide them with appropriate facilities.
There are cases when airlines are not eager to help their passengers and do not pay much attention to their claims. Flybe is of the other kind that is very cooperative and is willing to help all their passengers. Flybe cancellation policy follows the EU regulations and once you have some issues with your flight, the company will assist you accordingly. Flybe flight compensation will depend on several factors including the distance, lengths of delay, etc. Make sure you have all the data in order to be able to claim a refund. The company always responds to the claims and offers the best option of the compensation or assistance according to the situation.
Make Sure It Is not Your Fault
Flybe is a huge company that has thousands of planes and serves millions of people every year. It’s no surprise that flight delays and cancellations may happen. Keep in mind that Flybe compensation claim is possible only if the airline is fully in charge of the delay/cancellation or flight overbooking. If you use this airline, you can check-in to your flight 36 hours beforehand and not less than two hours before departure. If you are late to the airport and have your personal issues to miss the flight, then there is no way you get a compensation.
Nevertheless, it is always better to check whether there is a chance for a passenger to make a claim and get a refund. Please check Airhelp reviews to find out more information on the subject and learn how to get your expenses compensated by the airline.
What to do when you file a claim with Flybe. Summary:
1. Keep all your papers
- Flight documents (e.g. boarding pass, confirmation, electronic ticket, etc.)
- Receipts for extra costs (e.g. taxi, snacks and hotel)
2. Write down the flight data
- Flight number
- Arrival and departure time of the flight
- Overall duration of the delay
- The announced reason of delay
3. Establish the reason of delay
- Ask FlyBe’s employees
- Check the weather or news about recent strikes
- Chech whether other flights are delayed or cancelled
4. Check your flight on AirHelp Website
- Submit your flight details and find out whether you are entitled for compensation
- Specify whether you had a multi-leg flight
5. Receive the money
Apart from the delay or cancellation compensation itself, in some cases you may also be entitled to the refund for additional costs, if you had any expenses due to the delay (for instance, hotel accommodation, transport to or from airport). Don’t forget to keep all the receipts in order to have a proof.
So why are Flybe flights delayed? Flybe air passengers may face certain disruptions in their flying experience, which may be caused due to Flybe flight delays or cancellations. Sometimes, for no fault of their own, passengers may even be denied boarding on a flight due to overselling of flight seats to which they had valid flight tickets. Anyway, we are always here to help you.