Introducing the Interactive OST 2017–2021 Project Roadmap
Today we’re pleased to introduce the interactive OST 2017–2021 project roadmap.
The OST roadmap has also been updated to include additional details and new features and modules that had not yet been specified when we released the prior version of the roadmap on 31 July, 2018.
As of this posting, the OST project remains on track:
No release dates have been changed from the prior version.
The OST Roadmap is informed by real use cases for mainstream businesses with millions of users.
OST blockchain infrastructure empowers new economies for businesses with millions of users. OST signed partners represent billions of app actions and connect to hundreds of millions of users. We develop the OST technology stack and roadmap hand-in-hand with our partners and based on their feedback.
- Unsplash is the world’s largest photography utility, with more than 9 billion photo views and 1 billion API calls per month. Unsplash will leverage OST technology to create a new creative economy for photography.
- Metaps is Korea’s largest online coupon provider. They will use OST technology to develop blockchain-powered mobile coupons and payments.
- Hornet & the LGBT Foundation are using OST to create a new community economy for LGBT persons worldwide.
- Passkit partners with OST to create a new economies around loyalty for progressive businesses worldwide.
- Gushcloud is creating a new economy for online influencers and their fans.
- 704 Games is building a new eSports economy for Nascar enthusiasts.
- Wooshii is launching a new gig economy for video producers.
- FinComEco is partnering with OST to develop a new collaborative economy for farmers in Africa.
- Fainin works with OST to create a new sharing economy for your spare stuff.
OST provides turnkey blockchain developer tools to enable companies to focus on their users and their economies, while leaving the hardcore blockchain infrastructure to us. When OST partners launch on Mainnet in 2019 they will instantly exponentially grow the installed base of crypto users.
We’re proud that OST continues to be recognized as the partner of choice for mainstream apps with millions of users. Together we are developing real blockchain solutions to empower these exciting new economies.
To meet the ambitious visions of our partners, we have designed the OST platform to fulfill the needs of businesses with very large user bases. The OST solution enables any business to benefit from having their own branded, blockchain-based economy without the hassle, costs, and risks of building it themselves.
Our vision is to be the decentralized AWS for blockchain: essential high performance infrastructure that enables blockchain to empower the next generation of internet-grade applications and services to create new economies that benefit billions of users worldwide.
The OST roadmap is informed with regular input from our contracted partners and from the hundreds of developer teams who take part in our alpha challenges. Our technology stack and roadmap aim to solve 5 major challenges for mainstream blockchain adoption:
- Scalability: Enabling blockchain transactions at Internet grade volumes and speeds.
- Usability: To the high expectations of business and consumer users.
- Integration: With existing applications and services (and regulations).
- Trust: Ensuring economic finality of transactions without central authorities.
- Liquidity: Between tokens, across blockchains, and with the currencies people use to pay for their primary needs.
As presented in the OST 2017–2021 roadmap, our work is organized across three major work-streams:
- Developer Tools
- Liquidity Exchange
OpenST Infrastructure enables scalable token economies. OST leads development on the OpenST Protocol, a framework for building highly scalable blockchain token economies. All OpenST Protocol releases are provided via open source license for anyone to use and to build and improve on. This year we also began work on OpenST Mosaic, a layer-2 scaling solution for finalizing many thousands of transactions per second asynchronously on Ethereum at significantly lower gas prices.
OST Developer Tools include APIs, SDKs and dashboards for easily integrating and managing OpenST Branded Token [“BT”] economies. Our developer tools live under the “OST KIT” brand and include features such as token economy setup, a price oracle, KYC / AML, identity, token rules, and wallets, all supported by our developer resource center. Our goal with OST KIT is to make integrating a blockchain economy as simple as inserting a couple lines of code into any app.
The OST Branded Token Exchange will enable liquidity solutions between tokens, across blockchains, to in-kind payment options (like gift cards) and with fiat currencies — so that people can easily convert a Branded Token into something they can pay their rent or purchase offline good and services with. The BTEX work-stream will enable simple liquidity solutions and consumer convenience for swapping BT’s for a wide range of currencies. OST is in the process of applying for required licenses for the BTEX project so that we can serve as the single regulated entity on behalf of our clients.
OST blockchain infrastructure empowers new economies for mainstream businesses and emerging DApps. OST leads development of the OpenST Protocol, a framework for tokenizing businesses and the OpenST Mosaic Protocol for running meta-blockchains to scale Ethereum applications to billions of users. OST KIT is a full-stack suite of turnkey developer tools, APIs and SDKs for managing blockchain economies. OST partners reach more than 300 million end-users. OST has offices in Berlin, New York, Hong Kong, and Pune. OST is backed by leading institutional equity investors including Tencent, Greycroft, Vectr Ventures and 500 Startups.