SORA development status updates are released every two weeks with development updates from across the community. Enjoy the June 16, 2023, Ecosystem updates!
If you missed the previous ones: May 31 / May 15 / April 21 / April 10 / March 23 / February 27 /February 9 / January 23 / older Ecosystem Updates are archived here, and Dev Updates are archived here.
SORA Integrated Plan
Many worlds, one economy.
This section is typically reserved for bringing you up to speed with the last two weeks of development in the SORA ecosystem, as well as other interesting occurrences. However, today’s update is different and exciting, as the entire update has been revamped to make it easier to stay informed about the topics that interest you most in the ecosystem. As they say, the only constant is change, and these updates are no exception.
We introduced this section when the SORA Integrated Plan came into effect, mapping out the development and giving you a glimpse into the direction that the project was heading. This time, the updates themselves are changing. Therefore, in this particular article, you will only see updates for SORA. If you are interested in Polkaswap or Fearless Wallet updates, those will be available on their respective Medium pages.
Don’t worry too much, though; the updates will still be released at the same time on the same day, so you can still catch up on what developers are saying. Alright, let’s dive into SORA summer!
The much-awaited SORA Kusama parachain bridge is almost ready for release. It is currently undergoing internal testing, with a focus on the user interface. Specifically, transfers from the SORA network to Kusama parachains are being tested, while transfers from Kusama parachains to the SORA network are having their UI built. Once both are ready, you will be able to test them!
Meanwhile, work on the multi-EVM bridge is still ongoing, so patience will be required for that. Thank you very much for your support. Let’s cross this bridge when we get there.
The development of order books is progressing well, although a few bugs still need to be addressed before testing can begin. The addition of order book features complements trading very well and is integrated directly into Polkaswap’s Aggregate Liquidity Technology (ALT) algorithm, and the XST platform is currently undergoing public testing. Band protocol will soon be integrated into the production network, and before you know it, XST assets will be available for stylish and free trading on Polkaswap. Stay tuned for more updates as the release date approaches!
On the mobile front, the network’s best kept secret, the Demeter Farming platform, is coming soon to mobile. Work is steadily progressing on giving it a simple yet intuitive UI/UX to match, so stay tuned!
Finally, a special message from SORA Card:
“SORA Card is progressing every day, the final hiccups are being ironed out and reviewed. We were asked to communicate less details about the process status. Unfortunately, this can only jeopardise the delicate protocol involving highly regulated stakeholders. Furthermore, elaborate updates will not help delivery go faster. When we go live, you will be the first to know. SORA Card is coming!”
It is unfortunate that the current financial system doesn’t respond well to transparency, but we hope that through the SORA new economic order, this obscure status quo will change for the better.
You are now up to date with what has happened in the last few weeks in the SORA ecosystem and the current state of the SORA Integrated Plan. Please stay tuned for upcoming news from all the SORA contributors, and we’ll see you again in two weeks. Let’s get back to work!
*This is not financial advice. Always make sure to do your own research!
You can find the summary of the integrated plan points in the SORA Wiki.
Business Track Progress
- Polkaswap-as-a-service — 80%
- SORA Card — 98%
For more information about SORA Card, take a look at these articles: Introduction of SORA Card, key features of SORA Card, a comparison between SORA Card and other crypto-powered banking services, an interview with the people behind the SORA Card tech and management, and a recent article on SORA Card Phase One as well as a SORA Card AMA Recap.
Stay tuned for more articles with interesting and insightful information on this great tool for financial freedom. SORA Card | Value Freedom
⚙️ SORA Blockchain Update
- Preparing for the launch of the new wiki as a support for newcomers, advanced users, and SORA builders.
Substrate and EVM bridges
The Polkaswap team has released the Substrate bridge UI on the internal testnet to test transfers from SORA to Karura (Kusama parachain).
- Transfers are working properly.
- We are currently working on implementing transfers on Polkaswap for transfers from Karura (Kusama parachains) to SORA before releasing them to the public testnet.
Preparing the infrastructure to release the Substrate bridge and UI on the public testnet:
- Synchronising a Relay Chain
- Setting up Relayers
- Indexing off-chain workers
XST Platform (Github Milestone)
- XST platform support has been implemented on Polkaswap.
- The tokens whitelist has been updated with the 30 new synthetic tokens on public testnet. The XST platform can be tested on https://test.polkaswap.io/#/swap and on mobile testing apps (iOS, Android).
- Synchronising with the Oracle data feed provider to finalise testing on public test before starting the integration on the production environment.
- Working on the architecture and implementation of the solution to mitigate front-running on synthetic assets on the network.
Order book (Github Milestone)
- Finalising the review of the implementation of swaps through order books.
- Preparing for the release on the staging (public test) environment.
- Collaborating with the frontend application teams to integrate into Polkaswap and the SORA and Fearless wallets.
📱 SORA Wallet Updates
🚀 Android + 🍏 iOS
Gathering more clarity from our partners to move forward with the SORA Card release:
- Waiting for test and production credentials to proceed with the final testing before releasing SORA Card sign-ups in production
Working on the next release for SORA Wallet — UX Improvements
- Improvements in the user experience gathered from initial feedback about the new design
- Integration of GoogleAuth: save your mnemonic in the Google Secret Vault (for crypto newbies) to create, import, and export your account(s)
- Export account feature for iOS (already available on Android)
- See your liquidity staked on Demeter farms on the pools you provide liquidity for
- Bug fixing
Added several new languages on SORAlution to gather feedback on the UX and translations:
- Malay (Malaysia)
Preparing to add in the next update:
- Chinese Traditional (Taiwan)
We need your feedback to ensure we provide the best UX in your preferred language! You can participate as a translator and get paid in SORA tokens.
Fine-tuning the design and technical requirements for the next SORA Wallet release: Explore Ecosystem.
- Implementation of the Explore tab in the wallet that will display all tokens and pools available in the SORA ecosystem. It will also host all the Demeter Farms in the following release.
- Toggle on/off your cards.
- Minor bug fixing and UX improvements.
👷🏽♀️ SORA Builders Programme News
The ADAR app was recently launched! Read all about it in this interesting article.
Find out how the ADAR app works here.
The team is currently working on:
- Bug fixes
- Working on the reporting feature (V2) designs
- The design team is working on a Dashboard for ADAR
- Network Bridging work progressing
- History refactoring
ADAR and SORA had a great AMA last week, where community questions on ADAR features and milestones were answered.
For frequent updates from the ADAR team, join their Telegram group!
Here is the proposal submitted by ADAR; for more information on the Abed Group, take a look at this deck, and to try the version available from the completion of the first milestone, you can visit the ADAR website.
- The Hermes DAO portfolio can now be tracked in real-time
For constant updates from Ceres, subscribe to the Ceres Announcements channel on Telegram
The Demeter Farming platform is available on the SORA network for users to farm with liquidity pool LP or single-sided staking with interesting APR*. New pools are constantly added, too. Demeter farming is directly integrated into Polkaswap for convenience. For more information, read this Medium article on the Demeter platform.
*Not financial advice, always do your own research.
Fearless Wallet Updates
Available now: 💪 SORA network native staking [how-to guide]
Ongoing work supporting SORA wallet:
💪 XCM cross-chain transfer libraries
✅ Working on necessary documentation and schemas
💪 Google Auth & Backup feature
✅ Client integrations: the FW iOS and Android Apps
🐈⬛ SORA Request for Proposal Updates:
The SORA Decentralized Development walkthrough was published on September 2nd, take a look at the new RFP system and submit your proposal in an easier and more intuitive way. Please let us know your thoughts about these improvements in the SORA network community chats on Telegram!
Join the Decentralized Development channel on the SORA World Discord.
Thank you for making it all the way here. Your interest is much appreciated. If you are a passionate community member who evangelizes SORA and its supranational cryptoeconomic values to anyone willing to lend an ear, we are looking for you!
Apply for SORAmbassador Programme here.