When we designed our billing plans and system we have tried to keep all kinds of miners in mind. That’s why we offer different things in different packages with possible discounts and fair upgrading. A list of all features and plans can be found at our pricing page or at the billing page on the minerstat dashboard.
Everyone can try minerstat for free and use it with 2 rigs (each rig can hold up to 16 GPUs or one ASIC) for an indefinite amount of time. We tried to limit free users as little as possible, that’s why you have almost all functions available.
- Dashboard: Free users don’t have an option to create multiple users, add customers and manage them, or to make their profile public.
- Mining management and monitoring: Free users can use all available mining functionalities except for triggers, control room, and scheduler. Alerts are limited to e-mail only.
- Data: Historical data is available for the last 6 days and saved every 30 minutes. Every free user can monitor 2 wallets and 2 pools.
Paying customers can buy a different number of workers where each worker costs 2 USD per month (calculated to EUR regarding the current USD/EUR exchange rate) with a possible:
- 10% discount for 3 months plan duration,
- 15% discount for 6 months plan duration, and
- 20% discount for 12 months plan duration.
All paying customers will receive all functionalities, their data is available for the last 14 days and saved every 10 minutes. Paying customers can monitor balances on 5 wallets and 5 pools.
It doesn’t matter if you have a free or paid account, you can upgrade your account with the minerstat+ add-on. This add-on is perfect for those that want:
- More historical data available (up to 60 days) with an option to export it.
- To monitor an unlimited number of wallets and pools.
- Access to all new custom themes (at the moment of writing, there are light, dark, hacker, and electric themes available).
The price of minerstat+ is set at 5 EUR per month, with a possible 10% discount for 3 months plan duration, 15% discount for 6 months plan duration, and 20% discount for 12 months plan duration.
We offer two different payment methods:
- PayPal that supports various currencies. Please note that you can use this payment method even if you aren’t registered at PayPal.
- CoinGate that supports BTC, ETH, LTC, and more than 50 other cryptocurrencies.
There are several customer information we need to issue an official invoice. Receiving an invoice shouldn’t be a perk in the business world since it is a necessity and requirement for any business, but we are well aware that some crypto “companies” like to avoid the issuance of the invoice. This is not a case at minerstat. Either you are buying as a consumer or as a business, you will find an invoice in your billing page - ready to be downloaded.
The fields that are required to fill when placing an order are first name, last name, street line, city, postal code, and country. We won’t save this data in our database, but it will be forwarded and saved with our invoicing partner Quaderno. If you are a business, you can also enter the company name and VAT number and use the invoice for your business expenses (make your accountant happy).
Our company is located in Estonia, EU. All taxes will be automatically added to your order summary in regard to your country, your business VAT number, etc. Even though there are few examples in USD, note that the invoice will be issued in EUR.
To fight money laundering, you cannot buy a minerstat plan or add-on as an anonymous customer. If we see that you have entered a bogus data, we will be forced to cancel your plan and downgrade it back to the free plan.
There is an option to use one coupon at each order. Coupons can be received through the ambassador program or when minerstat is holding a promotion. Coupons cannot be exchanged for money. Some coupons (e.g., those gained through ambassador program) are account-wise and cannot be shared or passed on to the other accounts.
After you have entered all the necessary information and proceeded to the payment, you will be led to a PayPal or CoinGate page to finish the payment. It may take some time before we receive the information from PayPal or CoinGate that the payment went through. When we do, we will prepare your account and upgrade it. You will receive an e-mail once we are done.
Upgrading and extending
7 days before your subscription expires, we will send you an e-mail and notify you about it. You will also see a notification about the plan coming to an end on the dashboard in the red notification box. We will send you an additional e-mail 3 days before the expiration date.
It is important to notify you because in case you decide to not to extend your subscription or in case you overlooked the expiration date, your workers and all data connected to them will be deleted and lost. The whole procedure is automatic so there won’t be a way to restore the lost data even if you buy the plan again (in this case you will need to add workers and configs to the dashboard once again).
We designed a billing system without an option to extend or downgrade the plan - only to upgrade it. Each time you upgrade your account (either by extending the number of workers or by extending the plan duration) you will receive an upgrade discount. This discount will be calculated with regard to how many days you have left. Here are a few examples.
1. You have bought 10 workers for 1 month on 1st August. It is 21st August and you want to upgrade your subscription for 1 month, keeping 10 workers.
10 workers are available for 20 USD for 1 month. You have paid 20 USD on 1st August and there are 10 days left till your subscription expires. For these 10 days, you will receive a discount of 6.67 USD. So instead of paying 20 USD for 1 month for 10 workers, you will pay 13.33 USD and your plan will expire on 21st September.
2. You have bought 10 workers for 1 month on 1st August. It is 10th August and you want to upgrade your subscription for 3 months and upgrade from 10 to 30 workers.
10 workers are available for 20 USD for 1 month. You have paid 20 USD on 1st August and there are 21 days left till your subscription expires. For these 21 days, you will receive a discount of 14 USD. 3 months for 30 workers is 54 USD, so instead of paying 54 USD, you will pay 40 USD and your plan will expire on 10th November.
3. You have bought 30 workers for 6 months on 1st August. It is 15th August and you want to upgrade your subscription from 30 to 120 workers for 6 months.
30 workers are available for 306 USD for 6 months. You have paid 306 USD on 1st August and there are 5 months and a half left till your subscription expires. For these 165 days, you will receive a discount of 280.5 USD. 120 workers for 6 months cost 1224 USD, so instead of paying 1224 USD, you will pay 943.5 USD and your plan will expire on 15th February.
In this way, if you are migrating a farm, you don’t have to buy a maximum plan to fit all of your rigs at once. You can migrate them gradually and upgrade your account on the go. You will save money and have enough time to test it before migrating all rigs. It’s a fair deal.
More from this series: