Product Decoded Interview with Amanda Richardson, Chief Data & Strategy Officer at HotelTonight
Product Decoded Season 1 | Episode 6
In the sixth episode of our Product Decoded podcast, I had the pleasure of chatting with Amanda Richardson, Chief Data & Strategy Officer at HotelTonight. We discuss her advice on fast-tracking your career in product management. Amanda shares a breadth of advice from her journey to leadership, the skills of successful managers and organizational leaders, and how women can navigate their product management careers.
Here are the highlights:
- How Amanda started her career in product management (1:22)
- Excelling as a PM: ask the right questions, understand the customer problem deeply, and come up with creative solutions (6:30)
- Focus on the metrics and outcomes over output — connect your PM efforts to metrics to show business impact (8:32)
- Advancing your PM career: Breaking into management and the C-suite (16:16)
- How the PM role has changed over the past fifteen years (28:47)
- Advice for women: (1) get a metric, (2) find mentors who will give you raw feedback, (3) keep a brag book, (4) be vocal and step up (33:15)
I’d also love it if you could give feedback on the podcast. The link takes you to Survey Monkey and only takes one minute.
Did you miss the first five episodes of Product Decoded? Click below to listen to:
Spero Ventures is an early stage venture capital firm that is helping entrepreneurs build a future that belongs to everyone. Subscribe to our monthly Spero Ventures Insights newsletter here.
Product Leader Summit is a community of founders and VP Product leaders who gather together bi-annually to network and learn from one another. Subscribe to our quarterly Product Leader Summit newsletter here.