SORA development status updates are released every two weeks with development updates from across the community. Enjoy the September 18, 2023, Ecosystem updates!
SORA Integrated Plan
You Are Here — SORA Summer Edition (ソラの夏)
Many worlds, one economy.
The rains of Autumn have begun in some parts of the world, but at SORA, Summer is in full force as we continue to build the new economic order. The SORA Synthetics (XST) platform was recently released, and there are already 19 XST-based assets available on Polkaswap.io! Assets like XSTXAU (synthetic gold) or XSTAG (synthetic silver) join the likes of synthetic Swiss Franc, Euro or Japanese Yen or US cuckbucks (XSTUSD).
Additionally, celebrating the SORA Synthetics platform launch, you can participate in an airdrop bounty program to earn part of a $34K pool while learning all about SORA Synthetics and Polkswap. This is an excellent opportunity for new users to onboard to the SORA ecosystem, all the while accruing rewards by doing so. If this sounds interesting, check out the rules of engagement in this article. If you are already participating in the airdrop, that is only phase one! You can check your progress at airdrop.sora.org and find shortcuts to the different tasks. Good luck!
The SORA Synthetics platform is still generating attention. Yesterday, SORA contributor Mathieu conducted an interesting Ask Me Anything (AMA) session with the Band protocol team, who are now known as the Oracle partner for SORA Synthetics. The AMA took place on X (formerly Twitter), and you can listen here.
There was also an AMA where Good Doctor Makoto-san and another SORA contributor, Stefan, answered community questions in the SORA Telegram chat. You can join the group and read the AMA here, or keep an eye out for the upcoming AMA recap. For those who didn’t participate, here’s a spoiler: XST-based assets will be similar to XSTUSD, allowing users to create XOR- and XSTUSD-based liquidity pools with them on Polkaswap.
Another interesting outcome was based on a survey conducted with the SORA community on Telegram. Participants were asked if they would be interested in enabling XST-based assets to have liquidity pools based on XSTUSD. Despite the low turnout, 64% of the community voted in favor of enabling this feature, while 36% voted against it. This means that SORA Synthetics paired with XSTUSD will also be available soon.
Work on the Order Books is progressing smoothly. The feature scaffolding has been completed, and now it’s time to focus on integrating the feature with SORA network liquidity sources. While this task may sound simple, it is actually quite challenging, but it is necessary for the integration process. Before submitting the Order book to the QA team for testing, it is also undergoing benchmarking.
Whoa, what a wave! Now, let’s move on to SORA Card. The IBAN functionality will be active by the time you read this. Although there is still a bit more time to go before you can manage your funds, you will already have a Cypriot IBAN assigned to you, just like a Ukrainian oligarch. SORA Card deliveries are drawing closer and closer by the day. Thank you for your ongoing support; we hope to see you at the finish line.
Last but certainly not least, the SORA Builders Programme is stepping into the spotlight. While most of the work to improve the SORA infrastructure is nearing completion, we invite builders to participate in SORA by bringing their dApps to the network. As outlined in the SORA Builders Programme on the SORA Wiki, project teams can either port their existing dApps or build new ones from scratch. Efforts are underway to implement ink! technology into SORA, which will make it easier for smart contract-based builders to join SORA. Builders who develop from scratch will also receive technical support to optimize the process and improve their code. The SORA ecosystem aims to provide high-quality dApps for the community, offering full support to achieve this goal.
Additionally, proactive builders can always work on existing RFPs by visiting the GitHub repository. If a builder decides to work on an RFP, they can assign milestones and calculate the total hours worked. If the builder successfully implements the feature and completes a security audit to the satisfaction of the entire community, they will be compensated by the SORA Community. Furthermore, if the software qualifies as Systemically Important Infrastructure (SII) and the builders choose to hand over control to the SORA Council, the Social Insurance for SII will also be available. For more information, please visit the SORA wiki.
With all the tools available to you, the support to build, and the motivation to make your dream of improving humanity and making this world, and others, a better and fairer place to live for current and future generations, what are you waiting for to BUIDL on SORA?
Please stay tuned for further updates from the SORA ecosystem, not only for the entire Dotsama community but also for the blockchain space, in what we affectionately refer to as the SORA Summer (ソラの夏).
You are now up to date with the recent happenings in the SORA ecosystem and the current status of the SORA Integrated Plan. Stay tuned for upcoming news from all the SORA contributors, and we’ll meet again in two weeks. Now, let’s get back to work!
*This is not financial advice. Always make sure to do your own research!
You can find the summary of the integrated plan points in the SORA Wiki.
Business Track Progress
- Polkaswap-as-a-Service — 80%
- SORA Card — 98.5%
Users who have successfully applied for a SORA Card can now view their IBAN on the app. The first option for IBANs are from Cyprus, with future IBANs planned for the future in different currencies. The balance and transfer functions will be available shortly.
Read the transcript of the recent SORA Card launch AMA in the SORA Telegram chat! For more information about SORA Card, take a look at these articles: Introduction of SORA Card, key features of SORA Card, a comparison between SORA Card and other crypto-powered banking services, an interview with the people behind the SORA Card tech and management, and a recent article on SORA Card Phase One, as well as the SORA Card AMA Recap.
SORA Card | Value Freedom
⚙️ SORA Blockchain Update
Working on the next release: 2.1.0 — Pool SORA Synthetics:
- Implementing the reduction of the fee paid when claiming staking rewards.
- This required working on the fee structure.
- Working on swapless transfers for ADAR.
Working on a PoC for a pretty based Central Bank to enable their CBDC pilot on SORA:
- Working on XORless transfers that enable choosing which tokens to pay transaction fees with.
Completing and improving the newly released SORA Wiki. Please share your impressions with us!
Progress on the tasks for the milestones available on the Github Milestones section.
- The listing of new synthetic assets is ongoing. 19 out of the 30 new assets are listed so far;
- Started working on the implementation to enable providing liquidity with synthetic assets on XOR- and XSTUSD-based pools;
- Discussing with the Band team the possibility of receiving additional price data feeds to enable further synthetic assets based on the suggestions of the community.
- Finished up the security audit.
- Going through the final stages of testing.
- Setting up governance on the SORA Kusama Parachain Network
Supporting the front-end team with the implementation of the UI for the bridge, which will include data for:
- Displaying chains available to transfer to and from.
- Monitoring the status of transactions.
- The benchmarking process is ongoing to determine the impact of different parameter values on the system to achieve the first batch of optimizations.
- To optimize trading between different liquidity sources, one approach is to implement a smart split on the liquidityProxy and integrate the order book liquidity source.
- Unlike the XYK pools, the order book liquidity source only allows for XOR-based pairs.
- Establishing business and technical requirements.
- Creating tasks from the requirements to start the implementation.
- Milestone to follow up with the implementation available as a Github milestone.
📱 SORA Wallet Updates
Finalising the implementation of release 3.3.0 — SORA Card: Base for Phase 2:
- SORA Card hub, the dedicated space for SORA Card in the SORA Wallet.
- Display IBAN.
- Follow up on SDK updates from partners.
- Fixes and improvements based on community feedback.
Working on the implementation of release 3.4.0 — Explore SORA Ecosystem:
- Display all tokens available on the SORA Mainnet.
- Display all liquidity pools available on the SORA Mainnet.
- Display the asset fiat price trend.
- Toggling cards on / off.
- Night mode.
- Support of new languages.
- Fixes and improvements.
Gathering business and technical requirements for the next SORA Card release:
- Display your SORA Card balance (IBAN fiat balance).
- Pay for the KYC with your card.
Working on the support of a unified QR code to enable transfers on different chains depending on the wallet used to scan the QR code (part of the PoC mentioned in Blockchain).
👷🏽♀️ SORA Builders Programme News
The team is currently working on Release 1.0.7, which will include the following:
- Updates to History/Activity List while swapping on ADAR.
- Continued development for Real World Assets (RWA).
- Working on a mini dashboard which can be viewed on ADAR.
- Bug fixes.
- Performance improvements.
Outside of the next release’s work, the team continues working on EVM bridges that are approximately 70% complete.
Find out how the ADAR app works here.
Do you like the ADAR app? Do you have any suggestions for improvements or new features? Please complete this survey and let us know what you think about ADAR!
For frequent updates from the ADAR team, join their Telegram group!
Here is the proposal submitted by ADAR. For more information on the Abed Group, take a look at this deck, and to try the version available from the completion of the first milestone, you can visit the ADAR website.
- The Ceres website has received great improvements, including the ability to save accounts in the Portfolio section and assigning tokens as favourites.
- Work on the VAL burning tracker and improved charts and other website implementations are ongoing.
- Work on new features and a new deity from Olympus is ongoing. Stay tuned for further information!
For constant updates from Ceres, subscribe to the Ceres Announcements channel on Telegram
The Demeter Farming platform is available on the SORA network for users to farm with liquidity pool LP or single-sided staking with interesting APR*. New pools are constantly added, too. Demeter farming is directly integrated into Polkaswap for convenience. For more information, read this Medium article on the Demeter platform.
- Not financial advice, always do your own research.
🐈⬛ SORA Request for Proposal Updates:
- Work on the Kensetsu proposal has now been assigned GitHub Milestones. You can follow the progress here.
- A new RFP implementing support for ink! smart contracts on SORA has been opened. More details are available here.
- The CoinRefence team, hosts of The Week, have added an RFP called The Gateway to the SORA Ecosystem. Read about it and join the discussion here.
Join the Decentralized Development channel on the SORA World Discord.
Thank you for making it all the way here. Your interest is much appreciated. If you are a passionate community member who evangelizes SORA and its supranational cryptoeconomic values to anyone willing to lend an ear, we are looking for you!
If you missed the previous ones: August 31 / August 18 / July 28 / June 16 / May 31 / May 15 / April 21 / April 10 / March 23 / February 27 /February 9 / January 23 / older Ecosystem Updates are archived here, and Dev Updates are archived here